Technical Sales Support Consultant
The primary purpose of the Technical Sales Support Consultant is to provide technical advice, support and strategy to the company’s customers and the Sales team They will also be required to interpret customer requirements and liaise with the internal, development, commercial and operations functions to provide the required support. Although focus will be predominantly on the MPOS range of products we anticipate some healthy cross over with our wallet/banking authentication product which technically share many of the back end services and functions.
- Provide detailed payments specific technical and functional expertise in support of the sales team throughout the sales process.
- Deliver pre-sales presentations and solution demonstrations both for MPOS and PSD2 SCA requirements
- Support both clients and an internal sales function during the pre and post sales process
- Be active in the development and establishment of a consolidated contacts and CRM (ZoHo) database
- Participate with sales to win customer commitment by carrying out specific tasks required by the sales team. Generally, this will include presenting the company’s technical competence and the customer specific technical solution
- To assist in writing the technical proposals for prospective customers.
- Identify, qualify and document clients’ business and functional requirements in order to effectively present MYPINPAD’s solutions as well as identify solution gaps and communicate back to product management
- Respond to RFI / RFP / client queries in a timely and professional manner
- As a market expert, be aware of industry trends, drivers and regulatory initiatives; understand the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market, and keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives
- Provide coverage at customer and client events
- Provide ongoing technical consultation to optimize customers’ technical needs
- Understand the business objectives of key clients and assist MYPINPAD in aligning with available technologies
- Be an expert in payments technology and become an expert in all company products and services.
- Be able to carry out product reviews and UAT and provided detailed feedback to development team.
Skills and experience:
- Experienced in the delivery of payment solutions to Acquirers and Payment Service Providers typical acquired while working for a terminal vendor or internal implementation team.
- Familiarity and understanding of Acquirer terminal approval processes, MTIP and ADVT testing.
- Be capable of discussing the company’s payment technology with senior personnel from Payment Service Providers, Acquirers and merchant IT Directors, developers as well as translating for non – technical influencers and decision makers
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and tailor content to audience as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with customers and colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Pre/Post sales experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and the ability to clearly articulate the differentiation and value proposition associated with the company capabilities versus its competitors
- A good understanding of Point of Sale, Payment processing and emerging technology. Strong customer focus. High sense of customer service and service quality.
- Analytical ability along with strong problem solving skills. Organised and methodical approach with good attention to details, with ability to recognize when to escalate a problem before it becomes critical.
- Self-reliant, determined and effective, well self-organized and highly productive. Ability to work independently and remote to others. Reliable person and act with a high degree of responsibility.
- Time management, task prioritization, and delegation skills
- European and worldwide travel may be required from time to time
- Readiness to travel and take part in face to face meetings with partners, vendors or customers.
- Extensive experience in technical support/technical account management in a payments/POS environment
- Strong Communication Skills – Communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong Relevant Technical Analytical Skills – To be able to understand and interpret a customer’s environment and requirements enabling quick opportunity qualification.
- Team Working Skills – Demonstrable Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with clients and throughout the organisation is critical
- Commercial Understanding – Good commercial knowledge and experience
- Sales Skills – a clear understanding of general sales methodology is required
How to apply: Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org