Second/Third Line Support Agent
The primary purpose and scope of the 2nd / 3rd Line Support is to ensure the group IT Network function is working effectively to maximise system availability, whilst consistently adhering to group IT processes and standards developed by the management team.
Background and context
PIN on Mobile is a transformative technology, which will lead to a massive expansion in mobile acceptance devices. Point-of-sale terminals and PIN entry mPOS devices will be replaced by everyday smartphones and tablets running secure payment software. This has only been made possible by the card scheme security council (PCI) publishing a new standard on how PIN can be securely captured by a smartphone or tablet. This new standard is known as Software-based PIN Entry on COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf); SPoC, or also known as PIN on Mobile.
MYPINPAD is industry recognised as one of the leading experts in this extremely complex field having invested over 6 years and millions of pounds in defining, developing, and enabling PIN entry capability on a smartphone or tablet. Utilising a standard PIN pad image (not scrambled), ensures seamless customer adoption, while in-built support for the visually impaired delivers a fully inclusive solution.
A number of key industry partnerships have been forged and contracts have been signed to deploy this cutting edge technology across the globe.
The market opportunity is huge with the card scheme predicting market growth to be in the region of 300 million acceptance points in the next 5 years.
Key Responsibilities and expectations
- First point of call for internal and external support
- Responding to support calls within the terms of SLA’s and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ownership of the support desk including managing one other support technician and ensuring all tickets are handled correctly
- Completing projects to deadlines, including researching and testing new products and technologies
- Preparing and building equipment as required
- Managing user accounts for all new starters and leavers
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running and maintenance of infrastructure and business systems
- Ensure escalated problems are managed and technical diagnosis and root cause investigations and are carried out
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Occasional out of hours support
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- In-depth knowledge of products and services, combined with technical experience
- Extensive experience in a busy IT Department
- Windows Server and Cloud Platform
- Windows and Mac environments
- Good and demonstrable understanding of Azure and AD environments
- Windows Server 2016 administration
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Monitoring and deployment tools (Desirable)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible approach to working hours